Thursday, November 15, 2007

It's Official!

Candace and I were very happy to hear the baby’s heartbeat yesterday at the Doctor’s office. Between my Blackberry vibrating every two seconds, my racing heartbeat, and Candace’s racing heartbeat I am truly surprised the Doctor was able to hear anything. But when she did it truly was amazing. The heart rate was 160 which is good I guess. It sounded like it was beating really fast which freaked me out, but again that is natural.

We go back in another month and I think they do the Downs Syndrome test then. Which means we should be able to find out the sex of the baby by first of the year. And yes, we are going to find out the sex of the baby in case any of you were wondering. That way Candace can paint the room either blue or pink, and start shopping for baby Air Jordans, baby Pumas, and basically any other kind of baby shoe they make. I just hope they make baby Copa Mundials. The good news is I did see that Xbox just released a pink and a blue controller so that is pretty perfect, too for the little game we are bringing into the world (Candace is trying to deny it but I am crossing my fingers).

Thanks to everyone that helped keep it a secret for as long as they did. As soon as Candace told me I wanted to tell everyone (imagine that), but we (she) decided that it would be better to wait until after the twelfth week so we could hear the heartbeat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Walker and Candace! Can't wait to meet the little Ham baby!