Thursday, November 1, 2007

Where we are now

Candace and I started "trying" to have a kid early this fall. I think it was August or maybe even September. Whenever it was I can tell you that it did not take long. Why you ask? That's just how the Ham Swimmers work...

Candace found out the first of October I think on a Friday, but could not tell me because I had agents in from Ohio all weekend for the FIG Golf Tournament. Good call on her part. The way she finally told me was while we were celebrating our 3rd Wedding Anniversay on October, 9th. Neither of us had bought a present for each other yet, so we made plans to go eat dinner in Charlotte at some new restaurant and buy a gift for each other that we really wanted while down there as well.

Before we left the house Candace and I exchanged cards. Candace handed me a card and a slim box wrapped in tissue (the kind of boxes they put bracelets in), and informed me she just got me a little something small. I honestly first thought she got me a bracelet and had flashbacks to the episode of Friends when Joey got Chandler a really awful bracelet so they could be bracelet buddies. That was not the case here, thank God.

I opened the package and opened the case to see an EPT test that said the word "pregnant" on it. NOTE: Apparently Candace had taken numerous tests and after all that went back to purchase a pregnancy test that used the word "Pregnant" on it as an indicator since I most likely would not know what a "+" sign or happy face would mean. After opening the package the first thing I could say was, "Is this yours?!" Serisouly, that is what I asked. Like Candace would hand me a pregnancy test some other woman used the restroom on. That's right pure genius from me.

Candace and I have a doctor's appointment set for Friday, November 16th to hear the heartbeat which is when we will formally announce to everyone we have not told yet. That will put Candace at 12 weeks pregnant with only 6 months left.

All that brings us up to now and announcing to the world that we are having our first baby. More posts to come as our journey continues.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

This is great. Now we can all follow the full baby Ham experience. I love it. We cannot wait to meet little baby Ham!!! :) We are so excited. Love y'all!

Unknown said...

Walker-I wanted to be bracelet buddies, but now you've ruined it.

Unknown said...

I have just finished reading all of the entries and I must say Walker, I am SO impressed! You've hit funny notes, sad notes and more importantly, informative ones. It is so nice to be kept up to speed being so far away - I feel like I haven't missed anything, thank you!

I can't wait to see y'all in just three weeks now.

much love,

janet!