Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Owen Whitcomb is here

Our good friend, Lori and Greg Whitcomb, went in for a check-up on Friday the 16th and were told that Lori would be induced the next morning. At 12:15pm on Saturday, May 17th Owen Whitcomb was born. Please check out www.gregwhit.com for more information on their new son.

Saturday I was scheduled to attend Boot Camp for Dads with Greg. Friday afternoon I was informed that Lori would be induced so I canceled our plans for the class. That morning Candace and I woke up really early for no reason. We should be getting our sleep now. I made my famous banana and chocolate chip pancakes. We then cleaned the bathrooms, dusted, vacuumed the house, I hung a mirror, and picked up in preparation for Connor's arrival. Now we only need to wash all his clothes. That is marked for completion this week. After we cleaned, Candace and Kim went to eat lunch and run errands while I went to meet Ben at their new house and hang out. Ben and I ate at the Penguin Drive-In that some of you may recall from the "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives" TV show from the Food Network. That was some seriously good food. We then went back to the Moore house to drink beer, smoke cigars, and mow the grass using Ben's riding lawnmower. Solid, redneck afternoon in Charlotte. Candace was really happy.

On Sunday, I ended up getting my own boot camp by taking care of Preston Graham along with Peyton and Patterson while Phil and Lena traveled back from our company trip to Napa Valley in California. I did not clean any diapers. I did give him his bottle 3 times with success and did not drop him. I also gave him his bath along with the girls. No one slipped in the tub and everyone went to bed pretty easily. I consider the day an overall success.

Monday night Candace and I grilled out some pretty tasty turkey burgers with Uncle Jared and Aunt Keisha. Jared and Keisha brought over "real" meat while Candace and I ate the turkey burgers. I have to admit they were not that bad, but then again with enough cheese anything can taste good. We also served baked beans and fries seasoned with rosemart and olive oil. Burgers, beans, fries, and Coors Light. God bless America.

This weeks marks an exciting week for us. This will be the last week of work for Candace, and marks that we only have 2 weeks left until they deliver Connor (unless he decides to come earlier). I feel like there is so much we have left to do and I have left to learn.

No comments: