Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Birth to Now

So far so good with what's going on at the Ham house.
Connor continues to poop, pee, cry, and eat. He's a pretty easy baby to work with. He gets a little angry every now and then, but it's easy to figure out what he wants: 1) to be cleaned 2) to eat or 3) sleep. I wish I could just cry and someone would stick a boob in my mouth or take off my pants and clean me. That would be the life. I am kidding there.

Over the weekend Candace started to develop a rash around her incision. I told her to stop bathing in the creek across the street weeks ago. Her lips also swelled up like Angeline Jolie's. Turns out Candace had an allergic reaction to the strips they placed across her incision. She went to the doctor to get a shot and some steroids to take in order to calm everything down. She says she is feeling better all ready, so I guess she can go back to bathing in the creek soon.
Speaking of bathing it turns out that tying your infant to a chair and putting the hose to him is a bad idea. Who knew? Kidding again. We have bathed Connor numerous times and it is really funny to watch and do. He is the tiniest person on Earth and I cannot imagine loving anyone (besides Candace and our dogs) more. He cracks me up when he opens his eyes and looks around. I wish his head would stop falling over so much. Sure am glad he got the "Proctor Big Head gene." Thanks a lot Jared.

Jared has actually been really awesome (so has Keisha) through all of this. I am sad he decided to leave his old job, but am also thankful he did because without him getting through all of this would prove to be a lot more difficult. I cannot believe I just thanked Jared for his help with our infant son. That being said Candace, Connor, and I would like to thank everyone who has helped us recently with everything (special props to Robin Bailey and her dank Chicken Parmegan)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love that last picture - it's like he is saying "enough paparazzi! no more pictures!" haha. i have pix to send to candace from the shower. does she want me to send them to the school email? glad all is well!!!!
lisa :)